This new construction was a 2000 square foot pool house, built in a traditional manner. A very interesting and challenging part of the work was putting the air conditioning ducts in the slab at the lower level, in addition to the radiant heat pipes. Along with electrical, there are a lot of mechanical systems in that concrete! The architect, David Ganse, designed the house with the kitchen on the lower level, opening out onto a pool deck. He used traditional specifications, such as a sand layer under the concrete slab, a lot of steel structural beams, and curved vaulted ceilings on the upper level.
This new construction was all second story, built on an existing stone garage, with the other end adjoining a 200 year old barn that was previously converted into a house. Multiple floor levels made the execution sensitive. The architect, Rob Hale, designed the house inspired by the English architect Edwin Lutyens.
This sunroom is a beautiful, bright space. The challenge thrown at us on this project was building elevated custom skylights on the upper level of mahogany, copper and glass, on a flat deck. The roof was flat seamed copper, and we laid mahogany deck boards on top.
We built this addition on the second floor level of a Victorian house. The quality and detail of the old house were very high. We matched the same the tongue and groove siding, as well as the wood quoins from the original Victorian house.
Chinese House – Jefferson County, WV
- We assisted in the planning for rebuilding a Chinese house from Yunnan Province, China. This included traveling to Yunnan to meet with local craftsmen, and to learn about Chinese building practices, which include rammed earth construction.
- Our team built the footings and foundation, and volunteers erected the timber frame.
- This project is an educational and cultural exchange program by Sidwell Friends School.
- The plans are for a traditional pavilion
- To watch a documentary and to read more about the project, click here.
To learn more about our process building custom homes
Our Statement of Quality
If you select Vintage Building, you’ll get craftsmen unmatched for the superior result we are able to provide.
Meticulous and steadfast, we are unwavering in quality.
- Historic Restoration
- Historic Preservation
- New Construction
- Home Renovation
- Period Carpentry
- Millwork-Custom & Replica
- Custom Cabinetry
- Custom Furniture
Get in Touch
600 North Loudoun St.
Winchester, VA 22601