Kitchens from Period Woodworking Company
Kitchens are the most complex room in the house; we particularly enjoy their design and execution. We often design hybrid cabinetry/furniture combinations. We can provide design services, cabinetry, furniture and installation, anywhere on the east coast.
Our cabinetry has furniture details. We use the very best materials and German hardware, and can offer any hinge style and a myriad of other details. We use Coldren hardware for special projects, and in our 1 3/8″ line. (www.coldrencompany.com)
A selection of our cabinet standards:
- In two lines of cabinets, we make our face frames and doors 1″ and 1 3/8″ thick. This gives the face frames and doors a heavier, more furniture-like feel. For the 1″ line, we use German adjustable hinges. For the 1 3/8″ cabinets, traditional hinges.
- All of our doors and drawers are inset.
- We use dovetailed joinery for our drawers.
- We use only solid cabinet grade plywood or solid wood – never particle board!
- We can provide accurate historical details, such as bead details, rat tail hinges, or panel molding replication.
- We have a spray booth, with extensive finishing capabilities, including faux finishing details and traditional finishes.
- We combine cabinetry face frames for no joints. The base and upper units are built as one, to your space. There are no fillers used between adjacent cabinets.
- We can use any wood. A new offering is recycled Indonesian Teak.
- We can provide kitchen design.